What is Eminent Technical Solutions?
Eminent Technical Solutions (ETS) is a growing Information Technology Multi-Service Provider that has built an excellent reputation with clients and employees. We have grown through hard work, looking out for our customers' needs, and providing an enriching, enjoyable working environment for our employees. We strive to do things right the first time, providing quality long-term solutions. Our client base has grown without advertising through referrals from our loyal customer base, and it is time for ETS to grow with the addition of a Structured Cabling Technician.
Structured Cabling Technician Job Description
ETS Structured Cabling Technicians are responsible for many facets of our process including, but not limited to assisting with data cabling projects, performing work as outlined in the scope of work and project plans, and installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and terminating Cat 5, 5e, 6, coax, and fiber optic cable. As a Cabling Technician, you will need to read and interpret blueprints, diagrams, submittals, and operational and product manuals specifications. Teamwork and communication are critical for communicating project objectives and potential issues to other ETS staff (when needed) and building rapport with current ETS clients.
Examples of responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Coordinates daily schedules with customers.
• Prepares for projects by reviewing installation orders, gathering equipment, supplies, and tools.
• Plans installations by evaluating location, locating access, laying-out equipment, and wiring plan.
• Establishes quality services by installing equipment, running, pulling CAT5/6 cable, programming and calibrating equipment, adhering to codes, regulations, and standards.
• Verifies system functioning by testing equipment and connections, identifying and correcting problems. Maintains records by documenting installation, service, and repairs.
• Maintains and improves service by listening to customers’ descriptions of problems, diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, replacing, and upgrading components, referring to schematics, manuals, and manufacturers’ instructions.
• Maintains customer rapport by resolving concerns and answering questions.
• Maintains a safe work environment by following safe practices.
• Keeps supplies ready by performing stock inventory, placing orders, verifying receipts.
• Exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Have a valid driver’s license.
• Meet our criminal and MVR (driving record) background screening criteria.
• Be able to test negative on a pre-employment drug test.
• Be able to lift 70 lbs. and climb 40-foot ladders.
• Comfortable climbing communications towers preferred.
• Some travel in Utah and the Southern Idaho area.
Qualifications and skills
A successful Structured Cabling Technician will embody the following skills:
• Analytical mindset
• Good interpersonal skills
• Creative problem-solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Good time management and organizational skills
• Dexterity when handling manual repairs and tests
Experience and Certifications
ETS prides itself on hiring employees with diverse experiences and backgrounds. Applicants with some or all of the experience below are desired. This list of expertise and certifications is not all-inclusive. All applicants with relevant "out-of-the-box" experience or credentials are encouraged to apply.
• Be able to provide fantastic customer service. Generally, we look for 1-2 years of experience.
• Low voltage cabling or electrical work (NOTE: We are not currently hiring an electrician.)
• Have experience in audio/visual, cable, satellite, electrical, telephone, or home security installation.
• Have experience with door access control, Security cameras, and security systems.
• Basic working knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
• Working knowledge of running and terminating Cat5e / Cat6 / Fiber Cables.
What does ETS offer?
ETS provides a rewarding but demanding work environment through daily challenges and problem solving while supporting the technical infrastructure of our customers. Our team solves the technical issues our customers face so that technology is a valuable tool rather than an impediment.
Our team comprises talented Technicians, Engineers, Software Developers, Structured Cabling Engineers, Electricians, and administrative support staff. Each member of our team is met with various challenges every day.
We genuinely care about our customers, and it is our goal to become a seamless part of their team. We do things our competitors are not willing or capable of doing to solve a problem or finish a job. We believe that we make the world better through the work we do.
Because we are reputable and trustworthy, we often find ourselves with more work than we can handle. We are looking to hire excellent individuals to meet our goal of a healthy work-life balance, a cornerstone of ETS culture.
Robust Benefits and Professional Development Opportunities
At ETS, we believe in building a workforce with a positive work-life balance, opportunities for advancement, and professional development.
• Competitive Pay
• Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
• Day-1 PTO
Professional Development includes:
• On the job training
• Certification and Educational Support
• Positive team environment
• Growth and Advancement opportunities
How do I apply?
If you have carefully read the information above and feel that you are an ideal candidate, we would love to hear from you. Please send your resume and a cover letter with the additional information below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Name and contact information
• A paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for the ETS team based upon the information you have read above